Day Two Hundred Sixty

Happy New Year’s Eve!

Walker woke up bright and early this morning coughing.  I heard him start coughing around 5:30 a.m., but he didn’t climb into bed with me until just before 6:00 a.m.  Grandma Sherry watched Walker for me today so I could finally have a break.  I went to breakfast with Bob and Sally, then went golfing at the CBC Base.  It was a gorgeous day out and although Sally and I didn’t do too well golfing, we had a lot of fun.  There were some good shots made throughout the day, but the fifth hole gave me grief.  I hit five different trees before I even came close to the green.  It was hilarious!  We called it the “tree hole” for me.  I hit a few more trees throughout the day, but not near as many as I did on that fifth hole.

I arrived home just before 3:00 p.m. and was greeted by Walker, Charlie, Grandma Sherry and Lyla Blu.  Walker dragged me outside to play with his Play-Doh, then chase him around the backyard with his football.  We came into the house around 4:30 p.m. as the wind picked up and it started to cool off.  We had left-over Chicken Parmesan for dinner, then went into the hot tub.  Unfortunately, the temperature in the hot tub was only 99 degrees so we didn’t stay long.  Walker asked to watch Polar Express for the hundredth time while Grandma Sherry and I played Sequence.  Yes, we are addicted to this new game!  Dave came home around 8:30 p.m. from up North.  It had been a long day for all of us and we all headed to bed around 9:30 p.m.  No staying up late partying for New Year’s Eve for any of us.  We must be getting old!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s