Day Three Hundred Forty Nine

I was schedule to return to the Ventura Courthouse this morning at 9:00 a.m.  I left at about 8:15 a.m. to drop Walker off at Lori’s house.  On the way there, I set up my camera on the center console and hit the record button.  Walker began singing Itsy-Bitsy Spider, then Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.  It was hilarious particularly since he doesn’t know all the words and he kept stopping before the end of the song.  I think I recorded him four different times.  I’ll have to figure out how to upload those videos for the family to see.

After dropping Walker off, I headed to the Ventura Courthouse for my 9:00 a.m. check-in.  They kept the jurors  waiting outside the courtroom for a good 30 minutes.  When they finally brought us all in, the jury selection continued and continued and continued until they sent us off for lunch at about 11:45 a.m.  We were instructed to return to the courtroom at 1:30 p.m.  I called the office to let them know I was stuck at the courthouse even longer than anticipated.

My new friend, Susan and I had lunch together again in the cafeteria.  David came in shortly after noon.  He had a case on calendar for 1:30 p.m. two courtrooms down from where I was on jury duty.  I chatted a little bit with David, but I spent most of the lunch hour with Susan.  We returned back to the courtroom at 1:30 p.m. and again, were kept waiting outside the courtroom another 30-45 minutes.  The jury selections and questioning started promptly upon our return to the courtroom.  As it neared 3:00 p.m., the defense released another juror and selected another juror from the audience.  Low and behold, they call my name.  Ugh!  I answered the questions honestly and thought for sure they would release me as a juror.  No such luck.  By the time we were all excused at about 3:30 p.m., I was one of the 12 jurors with 2 alternates on this trial starting Monday.  It figures since I have a huge deadline at work on Thursday.  My only saving grace is that the courts are closed tomorrow so I can at least make a dent in my Thursday deadline.

As you can imagine, I didn’t have much time to photograph anything during the day and I certainly did not feel like stopping anywhere on the way home.  I just wanted to get home and relax for a bit.  When I got home, I took some photographs of Walker for my blog.  Kelly was making him laugh so I was able to capture this shot.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s